Turchon church

  • Historic site and monument
  • Religious heritage
  • Chapel
Route de Pouilly, 74490 Saint-Jeoire

Description

In 1659, a whole section of the mountain of Ambion collapsed, engulfing part of the village of Pouilly. Andréanne de Mouxy, heiress of the lord of the village, had a small building erected in honor of Notre Dame de Bon Secours to ward off the scourge.
At the time of the revolution, this small chapel was sold as a national property, then bought in 1809 by Baron Pierre Clément Foncet de Montailleur, successor of the lords of St Jeoire. The building was restored and enriched with a monumental altar in 1851. The Foncet de Montailleur family having died out, the small chapel passed by inheritance to the Countess Marie-Thérèse du Chaillou, who undertook important work between 1852 and 1857 and gave the chapel its current appearance.

Rates

Free access.

Openings

All year 2026 - Open everyday

Location

Turchon church
Route de Pouilly, 74490 Saint-Jeoire

Spoken languages

Spoken languages
  • French
Updated on 04 August 2026 at 16:28
by Môle et Brasses Tourisme
(Offer identifier : 5620376)
Filter search
Page types
  • All
  • Articles
  • Agenda
  • Lists